Bmore Bikes You Tube Twitter Facebook Group

Zipcar comes to B’more


June 30th, 2010 | Categories: Parking | Post Comment

It might seem counterproductive to help Baltimore go car-free by providing….cars.  In the big picture, it makes sense.  Cars are only used 10% of the time with the other 90% of the time taking up parking spaces.  Since users only need cars 10% of the time, why not just share. 

So what does this have to do with bikes?  The new Zipcar spaces on Lexington St in front of City Hall have bike racks on the signposts.  The current parking spots for Zipcar can be a hike from most residential areas, but not a bad bike ride.  This is just another way how bikes are being incorportated into the city’s transportation system.


 

 


The views and opinions on this website are those of the author and not of the City of Baltimore or the Department of Transportation. For official Baltimore City DOT news, please visit this page.