The University of Maryland, College Park is hiring a part time bicycle coordinator to develop, maintain and encourage beneifical use of bicycling as a viable transportation mode, both on and off campus. The Bicycle Program Coordinator is responsible for providing the campus community with a safe, secure and efficient cycling environment and createng a bicycling culture on campus, while overseeing physical improvements, developing programs and securing funding with partnerships. The candidate will also be assisting the Department of Transportation Services with complex issues that may be encountered by obtaining and analyzing data and perparing reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant areas such as Urban Planning, Civil Engineering/Transportation, Architecture or Business Management
- Hands-on experience and knowlegde of bicycles
- Extensive knowledge of safe cycling practices, bicycle security measures, bicycle related legislation, registration procedures, bicycle infrastructure and promotion
- Ability to develop and implement concepts and programs
- Deal tactfully and professionally with all members of a widely diverse campus community
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Work independently and manage multiple priorities in a high-pressure, results-oriented environment