The past few days in Baltimore have had its ups and downs. I could go off on a philosophical soliloquy which would include Native American fables, Taoism and the teachings of Jesus. I’ll keep it simple: Like The Dude says, “Strikes and gutters!”
- Michael Byrne getting jumped & his bike stolen but filed a police report
- The press picked up on Michael’s plight (including The Sun’s Peter Hermann, WJZ, Fox45 and WBAL AM)bringing to light a reality many cyclists have known for years.
- Malcolm Majer encountering a similar experience but surviving intact and taking the high road
- We got a new (squiggly) bike lane on Madison Ave between Druid Park & North Ave
- Funding was approved for a part-time bicycle planner (Check tomorrow’s post)
As good and bad as all these are, they do not compare to the pain Joshua Blackwell’s family is feeling. 12 year old Joshua lost his life yesterday in a bike collision with a vehicle at Lyndhurst Avenue & Windsor Mill Road.
Thoughts & prayers with Joshua’s family & friends!
Speedy recovery Michael! (May those who took your bike realize too late it was a fixie)
FOLLOWUP: I received word that the Madison Ave bike lanes will be replaced with straighter lines!